"I'm really trying to make it more than what it is
Cause everybody dies but not everybody lives.
Wish I could have this moment for life
Cause in this moment I just feel so alive"

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Photos of the day JUNE 25

Midwinter Festival, Dunedin

As far as small town festivals go, this one was pretty sweet. I had to do two photos to illustrate all the activities! Basically a bunch of kids go to these workshops and make awesome lanterns, as well as some adults make really intense lanterns (above, a complex moth/butterfly) and they parade around the center of the city for like 15 minutes. And there are also drummers, dancers, and stilt walkers in the parade. Then after that, they shoot off fireworks. Its a really family oriented event and it was really cool to see a part of the culture here in Dunedin. I decided to volunteer to work at the event for my internship. So I got to go behind the scenes and interview a bunch of cute little kids as well as some crazy adults! It was cool to be able to be a reporter at such a big event like this! I did lose my cameraman for most of the parade though lol I looked away for one second and he was gone! A journalist with no cameraman equals a bad situation! haha luckily I found him before we had to do our last interviews!
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment