"I'm really trying to make it more than what it is
Cause everybody dies but not everybody lives.
Wish I could have this moment for life
Cause in this moment I just feel so alive"

Monday, June 6, 2011

Photo of the day JUNE 4


Looking up at the Organ Pipes

Saturday morning I took a hike up to Dunedin's geological attraction, the Organ Pipes. I started at a place called Bethunes Gully which is a track that climbs up Mt. Cargill which is about 680 Meters high (2230 ft). So it is not too much of a hike to the top, but there are still some good views from the top. There is a path that leads you over to the Organ Pipes which is a formation of molten volcanic rock that when it cooled formed several 4 to 6-sided rock columns. Due to various reasons a lot of the columns have fallen down and there is a large pile of rubble at the bottom that you have to climb up. It was a fun hike and the rock formation was pretty awesome too! I look forward to taking more hikes here in NZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment