"I'm really trying to make it more than what it is
Cause everybody dies but not everybody lives.
Wish I could have this moment for life
Cause in this moment I just feel so alive"

Monday, June 6, 2011

Photo of the day JUNE 6


Cliff at Tunnel Beach

Today I went to tunnel beach which is just a short drive from St. Clair beach. The walk down hill wasn't too bad, besides slipping in the mud, but hiking back up was terrible! It was super steep and muddy.. but it turned out ok. Tunnel Beach is where Cargill (from my previous post about Cargill's Castle) carved a tunnel through the cliffs to give his daughter private access to the beach. His daughter tragically either committed suicide or was accidentally swept out to sea and died. The tunnel is amazing because it was hand carved by Cargill and up close you can see how he just chipped away at it. It is very long (I'd say at least 25 steps or so), narrow and dark. Walking through it is quite creepy actually. The small beach is very secluded because of the high cliffs that surround it. This was one of the cliff walls and I really liked it because of the vivid colors the sea created on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment