"I'm really trying to make it more than what it is
Cause everybody dies but not everybody lives.
Wish I could have this moment for life
Cause in this moment I just feel so alive"

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Photo of the day JULY 15

Wanaka, New Zealand
This weekend Sarah and I headed to Wanaka to do a little snowboarding! Wanaka, like Queenstown, is a mountain town located about four hours from Dunedin. It is a lot smaller and less touristy than Queenstown though which I liked because it was so peaceful. We got into town in the evening and checked in at our hostel, The Purple Cow. This was an awesome place to stay, cheap, friendly, chill, nice and this go around we stayed in a female only dorm which was a fantastic decision! We went to bed pretty early to save our energy for snowboarding on Saturday! This picture is taken of the sun setting over Lake Wanaka with snow capped mountains in the background. I am so glad it snowed finally, the white mountains are absolutely breathtaking. One of my favorite scenes and exactly how I had imagined New Zealand looking!
-Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment