"I'm really trying to make it more than what it is
Cause everybody dies but not everybody lives.
Wish I could have this moment for life
Cause in this moment I just feel so alive"

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flying into Dunedin New Zealand

Thursday May 19, 2011 I left SLC, UT to fly to Dunedin, New Zealand. I will be spending 2 1/2 months here doing an internship at Channel 9-Dunedin Television. I left my friends and family back in the States to experience life in an entirely new way. After 20+ hours of traveling and adapting to an 18 hour time difference, I am ready to start my summer in Dunedin. Although international travel is long (12 hour flight), it is awesome. You can play games, watch movies listen to music, eat drink and be merry! But once I arrived in Auckland, NZ I still had one more flight to Dunedin. These pics were taken on that flight.


After I arrived in Dunedin, New Zealand there was a shuttle driver waiting for me with my name on their sign. I got dropped off at Living Space Dunedin, where I am staying, and I went in to get my room assignment. The receptionist told me my room would not be ready for another 2 hours. So I had two hours to kill. I walked around town and exchanged money. I was hungry so I decided to check out the farmers market. It was too overwhelming for me at that point so I left after 5 minutes. Then I killed the last hour siting outside the train station listening to a guy play the bagpipes. It was kind of a rough start to my trip because after traveling for that long all I wanted to do was take a shower and lay down. Eventually I got into my room and got settled in. Here are pics of my apartment.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like an amazing place so far! So happy you are blogging about it. Your apartment/room looks decent too. Hope you've settled in!

    ReplyDelete